We are Seeking a Half-time Minister to Begin Summer 2018
Job Description: The Minister will be responsible for the Sunday worship twice per month. Much administrative responsibility will remain with the Board and the President of the congregation with the minister consulting on issues of concern or importance to growth, strategic planning and stewardship.
UUFNB has identified need for ministerial involvement in five key areas: 1. Worship, 2. Community Outreach, 3. Spiritual Development, 4. Congregational Support, 5. Organizational Support.
1. Worship - Sunday worship services will be shared between a minister and the lay leadership. Ministerial duties will also include presiding over funerals, weddings, child dedications, and other rites of passage.
2. Community Outreach –The minister will be a spokesperson for the congregation on social justice issues, enhancing our place within the New Bern and Craven County community.
3. Spiritual Development - The minister will provide guidance to individuals in their spiritual quests to understand and clarify their personal beliefs and life choices.
4. Congregational Support – The minister will strengthen the spiritual foundation of the community, nurturing our common bonds through pastoral care, building interpersonal relationships and welcoming visitors and new members.
5. Organizational Support – The minister will provide leadership in developing multi-cultural competence, effective worship, social justice ministries and dealing with community change and conflict.
The ideal candidate would be a dynamic UU minister, with a balance of spiritual and intellectual gifts and a sense of humor. The minister would have experience in developing small, growing congregations.
Our Congregation: UUFNB was founded in 1993 by a small group of interested people who first gathered in a private home. The UUA accreditation process began in 1998. From there we expanded to a dedicated rental space and finally to our present fellowship building which we own. We are intensely proud of our journey and currently have 110 members, friends and children who are devoted to our fellowship. While we are sorry that our existing minister will be leaving for family reasons, we eagerly anticipate welcoming a new half time minister who will help us grow and continue our journey.
Salary: Compensation will range from $25,000 to $30,000 negotiable. The actual time and duties will be negotiated with the Ministerial Search Committee.
Location: New Bern, N.C. is an historic, thriving waterfront community noted as a prime retirement and boating center, located at the confluence of the Neuse and Trent Rivers in Eastern North Carolina. New Bern has just been named “the most beautiful town in North Carolina” by a national travel authority.
Website address: http://uufnb.org
Facebook Page: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of New Bern